Systematizing and quantifying the circular economy in the foundry sector
How to assess and quantify the level of circularity of a foundry and adopt solutions to improve such a level
- Learning content
- Additional resources
Self-assessment test Module 5
1. – Find the correct sentence. During the planning of an audit it is important to…
- … identify the data to be measured
- … talk with the staff of the company
- … draft the final report
- … look for evidences on the field
2. – Which of the following is not a requirement of a circularity process according to the classification of the European Environmental Agency?
- Reduction of natural resources used and inputs
- Reduction of the emission level
- Implementation of product durability
- Implementation of product profitability
3. – Find the correct sentence.
- The standard AFNOR XP X30 901 has been released before the BS8001
- Both the standards BS8001 and AFNOR XP X30 901 provide a certification
- Both the standards BS8001 and AFNOR XP X30 901 can be applied in the foundry sector
- Only the standard BS8001 can be integrated with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
4. – The standard AFNOR XP X30 901 consider three dimensions of sustainability. Which one of the following is the intruder:
5. – Find the wrong sentence. The Standard ISO WD 59 020…
- … is designed by an internazional organization.
- … is in contrast with the previous standars on circularity auditing
- … has not been released yet.
- … intends to process for organizations to measure and assess circularity
6. – Which of the following assessment tools focuses mainly on the circularity of material flows
- Circular Economy Toolkit
- Circular Economy Indicator Prototype
- CTI Tool
7. – Which of the following heat recovery activities can not be implemented only inside the foundry?
- Climatization of the foundry plant
- Scrap preheating
- Climatization of nearby cities
- Preheating of feed water
8. – How it is possible to reuse the wastewater of a foundry process?
- It can be recovered and regenerated in closed-loop paths
- It can be used as it is for irrigation
- It can be reused in the food industry
- It cannot be recovered, it must be disposed of
9. – Which of the following uses has been found to reuse waste foundry sand?
10. – The fondry dust
- is highly toxic and must be released into the air as soon as possible
- can be processed to extract metals or other valuable materials
- can be collected through filters and disposed of in landfills
- is widely used in the textile industry